The date is approaching fast and we’re making preparations. If you are interested in supporting foster children this Christmas please contact us today!
Thanksgiving Day – Please donate by November 20
Grocery store gift card donations will be collected the entire month of October/November up to 20/11. Our aim is to provide a $100 gift card to all 167 families and youth on our list. Frozen turkey donations are happily accepted please call Raul to coordinate: 469-6869805
Christmas 2022 Adopt a Child
This is a fun one and personal way to help a foster child DIRECTLY! The way it works:
· We ask our foster children to submit a wish list – we normally have all wish list in office by November 1st.
· Your organization or family will provide me the number of children and names of the children you would like to sponsor (buy a gift for). You will then be provided with the name of the child, age, gender and wish list and sometimes a photo.
· Once you have all gifts wrapped and ready, please contact the family directly for drop off. Your wish list will contain the contact info of the parents. PLEASE DO NOT BRING ANY GIFTS TO OUR OFFICE IN ORDER TO AVOID A MIX UP with our other events. Please drop off your gifts directly to the family by December 20th!
Holiday Party and Holiday Drives
Each year our charity is hosting a Christmas party for foster children. This year’s the party will be held at one of our foster agencies. We have 110 foster children ages infant to teen. We budget $100 per child and in addition need funds for the venue and food. Your contribution to cover the gifts or cost associated with the party s appreciated.
Toy drive is a huge help, and we will be delighted to have your help:
This gifting format is best when you aren’t sure of the commitment your group can make. These gifts are not specific to a child, but we will assure that your gifts make it to age-appropriate children in time for the holidays.
If you would like to host a holiday drive, we would gladly be on the receiving end of your efforts! This format allows you creative freedom to collect what you are passionate about. Some examples of previous gift collections include toy drives, basic need drives (i.e. diapers, hygiene products, clothing and shoes), gift card drives, teen gift drives, bikes and scooter drives, the possibilities are endless!
Donations should be made unwrapped to allow us to distribute them to age-appropriate children. Donations must be received no later than 12/9/22 in order to guarantee they are delivered before Christmas.
Guidelines to consider:
As always, your ongoing contributions are welcomed. Thank you for your support!
We need laptops! Since inception of our laptop program, back in 2020, our program served over 350 laptops for school age kids, teens and those who aged out of care. We receive requests from child advocate agencies, case workers, CPS and shelters, yearlong. Laptops help foster children with schoolwork, applying for jobs and applying to college. We created a fundraiser for our charity and hope to have your support. Here is the link to our fundraiser
If you have always wanted to help foster children, but was unable to do so - now you can! Aspiring foster youth artists will sketch your favorite photo of you, your family or your pet and 50% of the proceeds will benefit Foster Kids Charity
1. Commission us do a sketch of you, your family member or any project and 50% goes to Foster Kids Charity
2. Within 10 days your sketching will arrive via email (PDF)
3. Fifty percent of funds will benefit Foster Kids Charity to help the charity cope with additional demand this year!
Cost: $100 contribution